Bass guitar and keyboard player Gino Foti is a world fusion musician on Net Dot Music, an independent record label specializing in instrumental fusion: all-instrumental music that blends several styles and genres.
His music explores the relationships between diverse musical traditions, and the dichotomy of rhythm and melody of the bass guitar, by integrating ethnic sonorities into his jazz-rock palette. If you are an avid listener of jazz fusion, world music, prog rock, or related instrumental music hybrids like: world jazz, world beat, and ethnic fusion - even European classical and new age - you will probably connect with the music in his catalog.
Gino is also the co-founder of Electrum, an instrumental progressive rock power trio whose mission is to create a unique brand of eclectic compositions that stimulate the listener emotionally, while challenging the performers technically. Their music features rhythmic ensemble interplay, complex arrangements, and a thorough exploration of odd time signatures.
News & InformationLast update: November 26, 2013
- Latest release: Global Resonances - Sixth album featuring the integration of traditional ethnic music and modern jazz fusion influences into new experiments of cultural hybridity. For this release, all keyboards and synthesizers have been silenced, placing the focus on his bass guitars.
It includes a fifteen-minute trilogy based on the triune aspect, four duets sans percussion, and an arrangement for four bass guitars of a Johann Sebastian Bach fugue.
Compact discs are available as limited edition Digipaks.
- In the pipeline: Gino has begun sketching out ideas for a seventh release, a conceptual album of aleatory music that will employ geomantic devices during the writing and arranging.
- Free MP3 album: Download over an hour of music from his entire discography for free!
- Interviews: Artistopia.com - artist development company and online music community.
Electrum band interview with ProgArchives.com - the ultimate source of progressive rock.
- Merchandise: More customizable products have recently been added to Gino's CafePress storefronts.
- Distribution: Gino's catalog has been added to the Sugo Music Group, an American-based full service distributor, record label, PRO (Performance Rights Organizations) registrar, and entertainment company that provides global delivery, one-stop music distribution, publishing, and licensing services.